In 1937 Belgium obtained one Cierva C30A Autogiro to test this new type of aircraft for eventual use in the observation squadrons. However, the tests were unsatisfactory and no further orders followed.The sole Autogiro was destroyed during the German bombardment of Bierset airfield on May 10th 1940.
- 000535: purchased in the UK
- 000036: arrived in Belgium
- 000000: tested by the 1er Régiment d'Aéronautique, flown by three pilots : Capt.Dankers, Lt.Firmin Capron (5Sqn) and Adj.Georges Dizy. The tests were unsatisfactory.
- 000038: As the General Staff did not seem to wish to equip its observation units with the type, the autogiro was put in a hangar and stored.
- 100540: destroyed by a German bombing attack on Bierset
Collection Laurent Heyligen